The Law Offices of Zachor & Thomas
Attorneys at Law
Domestic Violence

If you are a victim of domestic violence, you may petition the court for an Order for Protection from Domestic Violence. This makes it a criminal offense for the person named in the order to make unwanted contact with you. Contact Domestic Services of Snohomish County for assistance at 425-25-ABUSE (425-252-2873). Court clerks are available to help you with the paperwork. Protective orders other than domestic violence are handled by the Snohomish County District Court - South Division at 20520 68th Ave W, Lynnwood.

Domestic Violence Awareness Month - October,

The Domestic Violence Coordinator for the City of Lynnwood is Tiffany Krusey.  
Contact information: 
Lynnwood Police Department 
Victim Services Coordinator 
19321 44th Ave. West Lynnwood, WA 98036 
PH: 425-670-5621 
FX: 425-670-1418     

The Domestic Violence Coordinator for the City of Mukilteo is Tiffany Krusey and Dee Reynolds. 
Contact information: 
Mukilteo Police Department 
425.263.8100 Ext 3155,
Questions about Domestic Violence

If you are the victim
Do you feel isolated, trapped, intimidated, or humiliated? Are you being controlled, criticized, beaten by an intimate partner? If yes, then you may be a victim of domestic violence.

What Is Domestic Violence?
Domestic Violence is a pattern of behavior that gives one partner power and control over the other partner. It can include physical, emotional, psychological, and sexual abuse. Domestic Violence tends to recur and increase with severity over time. Domestic Violence is a crime - it is illegal.

What Can You Do About It?

  • Take the problem seriously - it will happen again.
  • Work out a safety plan for you and your children.
  • Gather car keys, children's birth certificates, and other important papers.

Can the Husband Be the Victim?
Yes. Though women are most often the recipients of domestic violence, men have been physically, psychologically, and sexually abused too.

In An Emergency...

  • Call the police by calling 911
  • Get yourself and your children to a safe place
  • Get medical attention if needed

Local Community Resources
Domestic Violence Services is a non-profit organization serving Snohomish County since 1976. They are the only program in Snohomish County providing emergency shelter and comprehensive, confidential services to all victims of domestic abuse. Domestic Violence Services provides individual and community awareness programs. 


United Way & Volunteers of America
If you live in Snohomish County and find that you are in need of a face-to-face contact due to an emergency, multiple service needs, struggling to advocate on your own behalf, or you are unable to find the help you need, your North Sound 2-1-1 Community Resource Advocate may be able to help. The Community Resource Advocates are located in both Everett and Lynnwood. To schedule an appointment, or to get more information about this program, call 2-1-1.


Victim Support Services
Victim Support Services has been providing peer support and advocacy for victims of crime since 1975. They are the oldest victim advocacy agency in Washington State and one of the oldest in the nation, and continue to provide services free of charge to victims of crime. Victim Support Services provides a 24 hour crisis hotline, advocacy services, courtroom support, medical advocacy, information, and referrals for victims of crimes other than domestic violence.

24 – Hour Hotline 1.888.288-9221TTY – 425.259.0784 

Legal Resources
For legal assistance with civil matters including, but not limited to Divorce, Child Custody, and Protection Order Hearings:
Washington LawHelp  - Helping Low-Income People find Solutions to Civil Legal Problems
Northwest Legal Justice

The National Center for Victims of Crime (NCVC) - For information on victim assistance and a variety of educational tools surrounding DV and Stalking.,
The Law Offices of Zachor & Thomas
23607 Hwy 99 Ste. 1D
Edmonds, WA 98026
Phone: (425) 778-2429
Fax: (425) 778-6925
© 2020 - The Law Offices of Zachor & Thomas |